Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Short Flight to FWQ (23 JAN 08)

It was cold today (mid-20s) and the wind was steady 10 knots gusting to 16 from the west.

I called VVS and they setup the preheat. When I arrived the airplane was getting warmed up, which saved me some time. I had a meeting to attend at 4 and so time was limited.

After pushing the A36 out of the hangar (and out into the cold wind!) and a bit past the ice, I climbed in and gladly shut the door.

She started right up, and soon everything was humming. The instruments were chilled, and the DG was very far off.

After a nice warm up I headed over to 32. Winds were reported as 280 @ 10, gusting 16, so 32 made the most sense, even though it is shorter than 23.

Full left aileron and right rudder to maintain centerline, then a takeoff and an easy climb to 3500 with only a few bumps.

The flight to FWQ was short, though the wind was steady and strong from the west.

I entered a left downwind and flew a bit far (given the wind) and maintained power down to base leg. I deployed full flaps and maintained 80 KIAS on final and touched down gently and was stopped by 1800' mark.

After some airplane wrangling the A36 is now in the hangar ready fro preheat and next flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!