Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nice Commute!

Had a nice morning flight today. Departed Smoketown (S37) and flew east to Brandywine Airport (KOQN), which is 5 miles south of the Perficient office.

The airplane started easily, and I let it warm up a bit. Curtis was stopping by to drop off the new registration for his C150. We talked for a few moments with the engine running and I told him I'd try to get him and Rick up for a ride this week, weather permitting.

Taxi down, good runup (new plugs help keep mag drop within 50 RPM), and pull out onto 28. I've been flying in the C150 with Rick from Smoketown, so I was pleasantly surprised by the steep climb angle the 205 produced lightly loaded in the cool, clear air.

Morning Haze over farmland east of Lancaster, seen from 3000 feet (2600' above the ground)


I climbed to 3000 and leveled off, throttling back to 20" MP/ 2200 RPM for the short flight. It was a crystal clear fall morning, with light winds which will develop stronger gusts as the day progresses. In 20 minutes I was entering an extended left downwind at Brandywine. The strip was surrounded by suburban sprawl, but looked inviting. I set it down gently a bit longer than planned, but a smooth landing nonetheless.

Push back, tie down, and leave the credit card for 20 gallons of fuel. I called a co-worker who was commuting from Delaware and caught a ride into the office.

After work I'll be flying up to Scranton/ Wilkes-Barre Airport for a pre-buy inspection. Then a night return to Smoketown.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!