Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Long Stretch

I was finally able to secure the last remaining gaskets for my antique engine. 4 have arrived at Strope Aviation and the rest (12 more) should be there today. I still have one of the pushrod tubes (used it to measure and cut ill-fated gaskets) but will be back out west this Friday.

John thinks he can get the engine back together this week, which means I may be flying it home next weekend!

My new airport home is Smoketown Airport,\ (S37) just east of Lancaster on Old Philadelphia Pike. It's about a 15 minutes drive from our place in Mount Joy. It's a small-town airport with enough level turf to make it perfect for my antique taildragger.

I know the area well and am looking forward to low and slow flight over the endless patchwork of Lancaster County farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!