Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Latest Update

I talked to John Strope, my patient and knowledgeable A&P who is putting my engine back together with all new gaskets.The schedule right now is to get the engine on the airframe this Saturday, with the Annual complete next week. That's fine since the current forecast is for 25-35 MPH winds on Saturday and 20 MPH winds Sunday. No fun flying an 800 lb airplane in those conditions! If it's not too bad I may fly the Cessna 205 out for a potential buyer in Scranton, PA. So realistically some time next week the Chief wil come home! I've done all the flight planning. KWAY to S37 (Somerset, PA), stop and re-fuel after 45-50 minutes. Then S37 to S39 via KHMZ, then the Sideling Hill Turnpike rest Area (very good landmark), then remain north but parallel to the Turnpike. Once I clear the last tunnels, direct to S37 (Smoketown) for 2 more hours in flight. There are two small restricted areas just south of the route of flight that I need to avoid (they are part of the Letterkenny Army Deport Test Range). Staying north of the turnpike until all tunnels are cleared will assure plenty of clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!