Monday, May 3, 2010

Fun Day Low and Slow

I flew 2.1 hours in the Chief today, It was a great day for flying low and slow in Southwest PA!

I flew and hour in the morning, did a lesson in a Beech Musketeer (nice airplane!) and lunch, then flew another hour from FWQ to MGW this afternoon.

It was a bit bumpy at 3 with plenty of thermals. I landed at my new, temporary base of Morgantown, WV on runway 23 with a beautifully gentle touchdown (winds were 230@8, and after touching down it felt like I rolled 10 feet. Of course I'm doing about 35 when it finally stalls).

Once I taxied over to the ramp and got out, a FO from a Citation that landed before me came over and asked what I was flying. I gave him the tour and showed him the original panel. I went inside to get my hangar lease set up. When I came back out, there were two Jet Jocks looking over my bird!

It's nice to know this 70-year old machine still gets attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!