Monday, October 18, 2010

Still Working...

We drove out to Lancaster County this weekend and spent Saturday at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire. It was well worth the trip -- we had a good time, the weather was perfect, and the shows and site were top notch.
We returned home Sunday morning and after lunch and some Steeler game I set to work on the cowling and induction tubes. The tubes were sanded and refurbished inside and outside and are now sprayed with gloss black high heat paint -- they look great!
I continued working on the upper and lower cowling. Sand, sand sand, remove dust, spray with filler primer. Repeat. It's a tedious process but I think I'll sand out the few remaining pits and flaws and wrap up the priming. Hopefully it will warm up again and I can spray the primed and prepped peices with Appliance Biscuit White and see how it looks.
I still have to complete the stripping of the cowling nose and side pieces. I'll try to get that done tomorrow night.
This afternoon after work I'll head straight to the airport and concentrate on repainting the engine. I'll use Lycoming gray on most and gloss black high heat spray on the cylinders. It should look much, much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!