Monday, March 3, 2008

Some Solo Practice (3/3/08)

Today I flew the CAP 172 for 1.6 hours. The wind was steadily picking up and the air was bumpy under 1500' AGL.

I decided to work on Chandelles, Lazy 8s, and Steep turns up around 4500' today. I flew from the left seat but the practice will transfer. I wasn't solid on Lazy 8s before, so the practice was good. After a while they were more symmetrical, though still not perfect.

The chandelles were ok. Steep turns were solid.

I'll need to practice some more so I'll schedule the CAP plane again soon.

The flight back took a while -- the groundspeed was about 45 Knots, as the winds at 3000 were near 40 knots. I intercepted the ILS 18 and flew that down to a gentle touchdown, in spite of the gusting winds coming at 30 degrees from the right.

9.9 gallons for 1.6 hours flight time -- not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!