Sunday, February 10, 2008

CFI Knowledge Exam Prep

Last week I traveled to Bozeman, MT for work, and since I had little free time used most nights after work for study. I started out with the Gleim book, but have found the ASA book more comprehensive. I also use checkride.com Flight Instructor - Airplane ground school software when I'm stuck at the computer. I avoid the complex problems when on the computer and instead use it to quickly review all the rote knowledge questions.

After a brief struggle with the W&B questions, it's all come back to me and now I seem to have a good handle on it. The VOR, ADF, and RMI questions also needed some review (is there ever a situation in an airplane where you have to answer such questions without any context? If so, I haven't been in one yet.)

If work schedule allows, I plan on taking the exam this week. We have company Tuesday through Thursday, so I may have to wait until Friday. I'll have to be patient, I guess, even though I much prefer to get it over with once I feel ready!

No flying all week as I was in Bozeman and the weather and the schedule weren't suitable. I plan on flying this Monday if the weather is as forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!