Sunday, January 29, 2012

Second Day in a Row

Driving into the sunrise
This is a great way to end January!

Yesterday I flew in perfect morning skies (more here)

Last night I checked weather and winds were forecast to be 15 gusting to 20. I woke at 6 Am and checked and winds were 260 @ 8 knots. I dressed, hopped in the car, and drove east to commit aviation before Church at 1015.

The hangar doors were rattling a bit but the winds were straight down the runway. I started, let it warm up, taxied onto 28, added power, and climbed out. There was a bit of turbulence until I reached 1200'. then it was smooth as glass.

I flew north then west, then back to Smoketown, for an hour's flight enjoying the clear skies and expansive views. A gentle touchdown on the grass ended a very nice flight.
A quiet morning at Smoketown
Climbing and heading northeast (towards New Holland)

Lancaster airport (KLNS) in the distance
A quarry north of Leola, PA

Lancaster County east of Route 222

Akron, PA

What's left of Speedwell Forge Lake (the dam needs repairs so the lake is being drained until the money is raised)


Bickerville, PA

Endless farmland

Clear and a million (Blue Mountain ridge is about 40 miles away)


Approaching Smoketown. Winds were so strong from the west I had to maintain a 220 heading to go south

Lancaster city




Smoketown airport from 1000' AGL. I usually land on the grass right after the white culvert to the left of 28


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!