Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yay!!!

FINALLY!!!



I took the morning off. Stopped by the airport last night after work and stayed until 1900. Put the wing root fairings back in, cleaned out the interior, and did a pre-flight check of everything else.

This morning arrived at 0830. John and I pulled it out on the ramp where we ran through the static tests -- everything ran as expected.

Put the cowling back on, bought 7.5 gallons of 100LL, and did another pre-flight.

Started up again (first throw with no prime -- before I had to prime every time) and taxied down to the end of 27. I had the airport to myself since it was a bit rainy with variable ceilings. It was VFR here now, though, so I did a radio check with Jim (the airport manager) and all was loud and clear (good -- I put the antenna back in correctly!)

Centerline, tailwheel straight, full power, oil pressure good, tail up, the earth falling away...

Nice.

I flew the pattern a few times, tried different power settings, hit 85 straight and level at 2500 RPM -- nice!

It was a bit bumpy 1000' AGL and the sky was dark to the south so I decided to land. Did one low pass then came around for the full stop. Nice touchdown and soon I was shut down in front of my hangar again -- it's been 5 weeks since I've been here!

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/danmc61/N242862010Annual02

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!